When my kids were little, like toddlers and babies, my mom used to tell me, "the days are long but the years are short." There is so much truth to this. The older I get, the more obvious it becomes that life is short. I find myself getting so caught up in the days and the busy-ness of life, that the years just keep streaming by. I feel like I'm chasing happiness but often too tired to find it.
Last year, I tried running away from "normal" busy day to day life - we traveled full time and home schooled. We were trying to make our days count, and we did, but we were still busy in other ways. We saw some of the world and gained some new perspectives. It was a unique experience and we made some very cool memories, but I realized that I can't chase happiness around the world and I can't slow down time, no matter what time zone I'm in. The kids missed having some regularity and we all missed having a home base. So, we are working on settling down and finding a good rhythm of life again.
So we find ourselves starting another new year and are reminded of another chance to look at how we can make changes to impact our lives for the better. In addition to some personal improvements, I've committed to simply having more fun. Being more fun. I want to do some thing to add some fun to our day, every day. The quest to "make my days count" continues.
How hard can it be to laugh a little more, smile a little easier and introduce more ways to add some joy into our lives? After all, what's the point of living if we aren't making time to be happy?!
To help remind myself of the fun we've had and the smiles we've added to our days, I plan to use this blog to document my efforts at being more fun every day this year. Big or small, all smiles are a win, so here's to the beginning of finding more happiness in the simple things of life and making life more fun.
#365daysoffunchallenge #makeeverydaycount #thedaysarelongtheyearsareshort
My favorite quote for today . . .
"Those who bring sunshine
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
Friday, January 3, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment