My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Day 11 More surprise fun!

Last year for Brooke's 16th birthday, she requested to find places that we could volunteer, so we spent the day doing that. (And also, eating pancakes.) She's always looking for ways to do things for others and not herself.

This year, I suggested a little birthday party and she said she wasn't really interested in having a party. I wasn't really surprised. She doesn't like to be the center of attention and doesn't like a big deal made about her. Problem is, I like to make a big deal about her, because she IS A BIG DEAL! 

We are pretty close though, we usually understand each other and I think I know her well enough to celebrate her 17th birthday while still honoring her request for no party. So, I brought the party to her!


One person party delivery . . . In the form of her BFF and all around awesome person and cousin, the amazing Annabelle.




The kids and I had fun decorating our rental property with birthday festivities while John went to the airport. I asked Brooke to come meet me to bring me something I "needed" and when she got there we surprised her.  She was totally surprised! AGAIN! 


We got some dinner and caught up a little before they left to have a girl's night birthday party at their own vacation condo. I hope our girl feels as celebrated and loved as she is. 


No comments: