My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Day 28 Last home game

It is always fun for me to watch my kid's play sports. I'm especially partial to watching Brooke play basketball. I've always loved basketball and I love that Brooke does too. I even tried my hand at coaching her recreational
 team once a few years back. It has been fun to share this with her. She has had to overcome injury and had to rest her feet from all sports for a couple years, which was hard. She's a girl that wants to get out and run anytime she feels like it.

It has been fun this year to see her able to get back out on the basketball court. She's had been playing with South Walton been High School, and has very dedicated and committed to the team, even though she doesn't actually attend the school. She's been driving over from the college almost an hour away every day to get to practice on time. She also had to adjust her work schedule to not work at all on weekdays in order to accommodate basketball practice and games.  She really enjoyed playing and was grateful for the opportunity.


Brooke has managed to maintain her grades and do well in her college classes while also balancing basketball and fitting in some work on the weekends and a little family time. However, it has had it's challenges being so busy and  after a lot of thought, she decided not to continue to play next year. So, this week was her last week of high school basketball. This game was her last home game. It was bittersweet. 

She played great. They won, by a lot. I was just happy I got to be there and enjoyed watching my girl. It was senior night and although I wasn't a senior parent, it was still the end of an era for us. I was privately emotional, knowing that something I love is coming to an end and someone I adore is growing up. 

I'm gonna miss this. 

No comments: