My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Day 55 Pancakes and Pardi

Luckily, I have a fun daughter who taught me about international pancake day! Brooke picked up Hailey from school and I picked up Cameron and we met at IHOP for free pancakes!

We were do excited to eat pancakes,I forgot to get a picture of us. Boo. But I got a picture of how much we enjoyed the pancakes!


After Brooke went to work, the kids and I met John at Baytowne for a Mardi Gras celebration. While we were waiting for it to start, we looked up a little history about Mardi Gras.... 

 Mardi Gras is just French for Fat Tuesday.  I literally had no idea! It's called Fat Tuesday because it's the day before Ash Wednesday when people give things up for Lent! They get all fat on rich foods and party a whole bunch, because starting on Ash Wednesday they can't do those things for a month until Easter. . . .I feel so informed now.



So, since the kids and I indulged on pancakes for free pancake Day at IHOP,  on Fat Tuesday, we will be giving up pancakes until Easter, for Lent. ... Maybe. 😁





When a French explorer settled in Louisiana, in the 1600s, he had a little party, get together, because it was fat Tuesday back in France, and that became the beginning of Mardi Gras in North America.


No comments: