My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Adrienne's Shower


I've had lots of fun the past couple days planning and preparing for a baby shower. Tasha and I hosted a shower for our lovely friend Adrienne who is expecting a baby boy in a few weeks. Adrienne is awesome and we wanted her shower to be as wonderful as her. It was today and it was a fun time.

We had a fun polka dot theme and enjoyed coordinating all the decorations. We even tackled a two color, tiered cake, which turned out really cute. Of course, we made a diaper cake, since that's my favorite fun baby shower gift. They are a little different every time, but always a cute embellishment and fun to make. There was lots and lots of food, in many varieties, and I think I tried it all! :-0 I actually didn't want anymore brownies when I was cleaning them up & that means I must have been stuffed.

It was a nice opportunity to see friends and visit with some that I don't seem to see often these days. Everyone loves Adrienne and there was a great turn out of guests. I'm so glad so many people could make it there to party with us!

Adrienne is such a doll and we were so pleased that she loved the shower as much as we'd hoped. I didn't have my camera, but Adrienne mentioned that she plans to post pictures on her blog, so check it out if you get a minute. :-) http://www.texastriggs.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

100 Percent Cottam said...

you do throw a good shower, missy! i should know! ;)