My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby Talk

I just have to say, I LOVE hearing my little boy learn to talk. He says new things every day and it just brings huge smiles to my face every time! That little voice is absolutely precious. I love it so much and could listen to him talk to me all day long. This week the favorite words he's been using repeatedly are:

"ah - oh!" - said with a pointing finger at various items on the ground, or counter or elsewhere in the house, that he thinks are out of place.

"Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum" . . . in that order, until I answer him with a "Mama" and he grins at me and replies with, "Mum, Mum, Mum"

"Mi-ee." or "mi-ee . . . babble, babble." He has learned that when he wants something, he says, "mine" to tell us that he wants it. Or if he wants something that we took away, he says mine and then attempts to name the object. It is so cute to hear him making these little conversations with us. "Mine" is even cute for now, but I can see the future well enough that I don't encourage it, too much. :-)

"Mmmmmm" is now the favorite response to anything he eats that he likes. A few days ago he sat in his highchair with a spoon in one hand and a fork in the other eating lunch. He would take a bite, look up at me and say, "mmmmm," then take another bite. He did this the whole time he was eating. It was great entertainment for me while I did the dishes next to him! Who knew cleaning the kitchen could be so much fun?

My personal favorite is "shoooooo - shooo." It is said repeatedly in a sing song voice, as he walks around calling for his shoes, which he always wants to put on. He is under the impression that if shoes are on, we are going outside. This is not always the case, which is very disappointing to him. He LOVES to be outside.

It is baffling how much my baby has turned into a toddler recently. He's not just bigger, he understands and communicates with us and hangs out with the family just like one of the big kids. It's so fun to watch them grow, but "sigh," can't they stay small just a little longer?

No comments: