We had an eventful weekend this past weekend! It was Brooke's much awaited birthday weekend. She was counting down the days, literally, on her own little calendar. She started it off with a bang by throwing up in the car on the way to her own birthday party. . . poor little princess. We were totally unprepared and she was a really good sport about it. We cleaned up and she went on to be fine through her party. She passed on having cake though . . . probably a good choice.(I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures to share yet. My good friends bailed me out and took lots, but I still need to get them, then I'll share.)
Later that day, Brooke and I went on our Mommy daughter date and had fun despite her not feeling well. Brooke was pretty tired and had a tummy ache, but insisted that we go out anyway. She enjoyed her very first pedicure and picked matching polish for the two of us. (red for Valentines day, of course.) She looked so cute sitting in the salon chair! She sat up as far as she could on the seat, without falling off, and her feet barely reached the water, but she felt sooo big! It was fun to watch. Everyone there kept wishing her a happy birthday!
For dinner, Brooke had a special request. She really, really wanted curly mac-n-cheese from California Pizza Kitchen. So, we headed over to the mall for some CPK and shopping. By the time I got to the mall, my little birthday star was sound asleep. So, like a good mom, I woke her up and took her in anyway. I didn't want her to be disappointed that she missed her date! Turns out that it wasn't such a great choice. She sat on my lap during dinner, feeling rather sleepy. She chowed down on her mac-n-cheese though, and didn't even get a tummy ache until she was about 1/2 way through. By the time I took care of the check, she was ready to head for the bathroom, which we did. We picked up our stuff, went into the bathroom and I held her hair back while she emptied her dinner into the toilet, there at the restaurant. :-( She looked so little and pathetic, poor thing! But hey, better there than in the car again. She was a really good sport about again. She never cried or complained. She did, however, decide that she wasn't up for shopping. So, we ended our visit to the mall & she was asleep as soon as I started to drive again.
She and I already had plans to stay in a hotel together that night, so we went back there, I tucked her in and we spent some quality time together the next morning when she woke up. Although it was not ideal, all in all, it was a very memorable date. We had fun and enjoyed each other's company, in between trips to the bathroom. She was thrilled, and that's what matters most! If you ask her how it was, she'll say,"really great, except for the throwing up part."

2 comments:
aww, poor brookie. i love the birthday date idea, that is SO fun! i'll have to do that with mason on his birthday in a couple of weeks.
poor brooke!! when i asked her about her birthday today she smiled and told me all about the mac and cheese and there was something about throw up but i thought i had heard wrong because she told me with a big smile on her face! what a sweeeetheart!
Post a Comment