At our school, we decorate the class room doors to coordinate with the seasons or holidays. It's a fun way to keep the kids feeling festive and adds a bit of happiness to their day as they enter their class room. I think it's a fun tradition and enjoy putting them together for the kids. I usually do the doors for both classes with another friend who happens to have a daughter in Brooke's class and a son in Austin's. She is always creative and fun to work with and we have a good visit while we decorate. She was a little under the weather this week though, so I switched this one out myself. I resisted the urge to make it more extravagant than necessary, as sometimes is done. :-) I kept it simple with their names on hearts and some candy "sweethearts" for accents. The kids loved it and Austin came home bearing compliments from several friends. It makes me happy that I can be there to be involved in little things like this, so my kids know that I love them and care what's going on with them at school.Meanwhile, back at home, catastrophe was taking place. Aside from the aftermath of cutting out paper hearts all morning and the regular housework that I was neglecting, there was one other major over site that took place today. It wasn't good. No point sharing the details. Suffice it to say that I'll be taking Cameron with me from now on when I go to the school or on other errands, even if Daddy's working from home. All is well now and that's what matters. Well. . . OK, my house is still catastrophically messy, which I plan to tackle tonight, but other than that, all is well and that's what matters.


2 comments:
my house is a catastrophe too, and will stay that way for some time. I hope Cameron is okay. So sorry.
yikes, this is a story i've got to hear!
Post a Comment