We have had plenty to do the past two weeks! We did a little of lots of things, like . . . cookie decorating, playing with friends, wrapping gifts, Christmas caroling, picture taking, blanket collecting, reindeer feeding, Santa visiting, packing bags, blanket delivering, unpacking boxes, road trip, DS playing, cousin visiting, egg collecting, gift opening, pajama loving, sneezing, coughing, medicine taking, unpacking bags & packing again, RV'ing, Dino track hunting, hiking, game playing, barbecuing, glow stick loving, reading, unpacking cars, packing cars, traveling some more, beach exploring, sand castle building, swimming, more cousin visiting, traveling, movie watching, "Rain forest" exploring, eating too much and of course, never enough snuggling. Whew! It's been a whirlwind of a Christmas break. There was never a dull moment.
I can't believe we're headed back to real life tomorrow. It was SO nice to have a break from the every day routine and we packed the days full of wonderfulness. We spent more time gone then we did at home, but we made some great memories with our kids. Cameron found heaven at the beach. He had an enormous smile pasted on the whole time we were there. He ran back and forth, screamed in delight and dug in the sand to his hearts content. Brooke joined the big kid club with her own Nintendo DS and had lots of fun playing games with Austin. She was also right at home by Mommy's side every day, where we both love for her to be. Austin got to use his very own new pocket knife on a camping trip friends. We all explored the outdoors and discovered how cool real Dino tracks are. John got to drop his fishing line in salt water, even though he didn't catch any thing. It was great to spend time with family and friends and most of all with each other.
I'm not excited about getting back to school tomorrow. I have to admit, I'm missin' my kids already and they're still in their beds sleeping. I'm one of those mom's that cries when they go off to school, and contemplates homeschooling, just to keep them around more. I never quite get my fill of them. This was a much needed break, we had a great time together. Thankfully, they thought so too. Last night as the kids were drifting off in the car and we were driving home, I asked what their favorite part of Christmas break was. They both had the same answer, "Everything!" That was a great answer. I totally agree.
Now tomorrow I start on all the stuff that we didn't do over the break . . . like, you guessed it, laundry. But, I'm grateful for that, right?? Of course I am! :-)
My favorite quote for today . . .
"Those who bring sunshine
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We are in the same boat. I couldn't sleep last night, and I let both of my kids sleep in sleeping bags on the floor in our room. I'm just not ready for school to resume, especially after Big Guy told me stories about his mean teacher. Wish I could keep them home forever!!
And btw - we'll have to hang out sooner, I don't think those bruises will ever heal! Call me when laundry starts - but not today - turns out school doesn't start until TUESDAY!
love ya, ang! you're such a great mama and example for me. so glad we got together and can't wait to do it again. breakfast next monday?? i've been perusing the mimi's breakfast menu and drooling. also, madeline's play is the weekend of feb 13th/14th, i think. maybe we could hit that and then dinner? and then kelly's play is the next weekend. fun, fun!
We had a fun time with you guys at the beach! Thanks for joining us! Hope it won't be too long before we see you guys again.
Post a Comment