You know, as Mom's we have opportunities to develop all kinds of skills. This week, I am most proud of my hair cutting skills!
I've been cutting Austin's hair for a long time and it's actually not so bad anymore. (the process or the results) I cut Cameron's hair a few weeks ago, but it's just baby hair and there wasn't much to it. Although, the squirming baby did add an extra dose of trickiness! The boys look cute though and I guess that was enough to give me the confidence to tackle girl hair.
Brooke was starting to look pretty scraggly lately, and we'd both decided it was time for a cut, but I decided I could probably manage it. After all, I get my hair cut often enough, it looks pretty straightforward. I asked myself, "How hard can it be?"
Well, it's a little harder than it looks to get a nice cut on a wiggly little girl! OK, it's A LOT harder than it looks! A little bit of know-how and some experience would have come in pretty handy actually. In the end, it's a little shorter than was originally intended, because I couldn't seem to cut a straight line. (something to do with the tilting head, perhaps?)
It turned out really cute though! She is very happy with it, and honestly, so am I! (It's no small feat for me to be completely happy with something I did, since I tend to be overly critical of almost everything.)
Anyway, the moral of the story is, I'm so glad I'm a Mom and have the chance to develop all kinds of new talents by experimenting on my kids! It's great having skills. :-)

1 comment:
girl you are brave! i would NEVER ever attempt this. you really are amazing!
Post a Comment