Yesterday a friend called and gave me some news that was very wonderful. Although I didn't know her well, I have been deeply touched and concerned about a little girl, Brooke's age, that was diagnosed with cancer this past June. Her family attends church in our church building with friends of ours and through them, I have been following her struggle and we have been praying for her. Her struggle and her family's struggle has been very difficult, to say the least. She has endured 5 rounds of chemotherapy which was so hard on her little body.
However, yesterday her family received test results showing that the chemo therapy had worked and that our little friend is now cancer free. What better news could there be than that??? What happy day!
I have recently become friends with her mother and am so grateful that I was able to join my friends in celebrating with her and her girls on such a fabulous, memorable day! I have been reminded by her example, that our children are precious and we never know how long they will be entrusted to us, so we need to always treasure them. I'm so happy that she will have more time to treasure her little Grace.
My favorite quote for today . . .
"Those who bring sunshine
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment