Well, according to a conversation I was having with John this week, we need to work on our time management skills. I was baffled at how I never seem to be on top of my housework or other projects that I need to do. It seems like there is never enough time in the day to accomplish the things that I need and want to get done. According to him, time management is the magic key to success, in all areas. Is that my problem??
John suggested implementing a detailed daily schedule for our family but I resisted. "I don't want to feel confined to a specific schedule," I told him. However, I have since changed my mind and we spent some time yesterday putting together our schedule. Surprisingly, it doesn't feel as confining as I thought it might. I actually feel a little bit more like I can think clearly when I know what to expect and plan for. Things are less overwhelming when I don't feel pressure to accomplish everything at once. I guess I'll pat John on the back for his suggestion, we'll see if it's the answer I need to get my life more organized.
Hopefully with this new found time management, I'll schedule in some time to post to my blog and keep it a little more current. We shall see! Well, gotta go, my free time is over! Gotta move along to the next thing on the list . . . :-)
My favorite quote for today . . .
"Those who bring sunshine
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree that time management is the key to success. That being said... I just spent the last hour reading your blog and I haven't done a single thing on my to-do list. Oh wait... I paid our mortgage. Okay so I did one out of about 50! Hmm... I wish I was organized and managed my time well. How is it coming for you?
Post a Comment