My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sticky situation...

I have decided that two year olds aren't terrible, they are just really curious. Case in point... Cameron got a hold of a bottle of wood glue this week. (compliments of Dad leaving it out.)












He wasn't trying to be terrible when he took the lid off. He was just curious. He wondered what would happen when he dumped the stuff inside out. He found out that it was really sticky. He promptly called it my attention and asked for some assistance. :0)


I tried hard to get it all washed up as quick as I could, but still found out that glue dries rather crunchy on carpet if you don't get it all out. ( I thought I did get it, but judging by the crunchy carpet, I didn't.)

I learned a couple things that day.

First, Cameron is quite curious, not terrible, but quite a handful at 2 years old. I need to keep him a little more engaged so he doesn't keep finding things to get into. He's still really easy to love though and cute even when he's naughty!

Second, we should really not keep carpenter's glue out within the reach of little ones.

Third... well, I'm going to need to limit my computer time, because all of the mischievous things that Cameron has done lately seem to happen when I'm online checking my email or on Facebook or something of that sort. It's easy for kids to make messes when Mommy is distracted!


And that's my cue to get off the computer...















No comments: