My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Appreciation

My kids celebrated Veterans day recently. Austin joined other uniformed cub scouts in a flag ceremony at the school assembly. Brooke wore her patriotic red, white and blue clothes. Cameron and I stayed for the assembly to snap a few pictures and I'm so glad we did.


Veterans day is a holiday that I don't always acknowledge the way I should. I was grateful for the opportunity that the school gave me, to remember and honor the men and women who have sacrificed and those who continue to fight for our country and our freedom.

I thoroughly enjoyed the heartfelt tribute to our nations heroes. The music, the visiting soldiers and veterans, the flag ceremony were all part of a very patriotic morning. I'm thankful that my kids attend a school where their country is honored, freedom is cherished and the veterans were remembered. I know I would not have done them justice if I had tried to convey the importance of this holiday at home.

I'm proud to be an American and so glad my kids are too!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: