My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can you say Pack Rat?

Ummm, I'm actually a little embarrassed to admit this, but found it humorous enough to record for the memory.

I went into my closet this morning and noticed that I really needed to do a little organizing of my things. I decided to start with a couple of purses/bags that are out of rotation. I use a purse for a few months and often get bored and switch it out for a different or new one. When I make the switch, I'm not always great at cleaning the old one out COMPLETELY. I usually take my wallet and a few necessities and leave the rest to be cleaned out later, when I have more time.

Luckily I had the time today. Imagine my surprise when, between 2 purses, I came across...

$180.00 - yes, $180.00 dollars, not including coins, which there were plenty of.

(I had collected most of the money as reimbursement for various school things that I covered last school year and then never deposited!!)

I also found -

4 unused gift certificates for stores and spas. :-) I actually realized that these were missing, so was very happy to recover them.

13 different lip glosses - good lip glosses, several of them my favorites from VS. And I thought my daughter had been swiping them!

5 tubes of chap stick - Why do I continue to buy more? Oh, because they were lost in the black hole of a large unused purse and we couldn't find any when our lips were chapped.

9 lip liners. No wonder I have been down to the same one for quite a while. I thought it rather curious that they had all disappeared.

2 cases of eye shadow, 2 eye brow pencils, and my favorite mascara

2 containers of concealer make-up and a compact of powder. (it's like I went shopping for make up!)

2 pairs of nail clippers and some tweezers - we are always in short supply of these around our house, little did I know they were hiding here all along.

A stash of about 15-20 pens & pencils.

The list goes on and on. There were lots of other useful items such as hair clips, pony tail holders, business cards, granola bars, crayons, receipts, thank you notes, and plenty of trash to get rid of.

I really surprised myself with the amount of valuable stuff that was shoved away in an unorganized closet. It motivated me to:

A: Keep less junk in my purse. Like, seriously, I think one lip gloss can do the trick.

B. Clean out my bags more thoroughly before making the switch to the next one

C. Use smaller purses, because hello! I tend to fill them with stuff that just ends up lost in there.

D. Clean out my closet more often, who knows what valuables lay waiting for me to discover them!


Anyway, now I'm gonna go put on some of my new make up, go shopping with my gift certificates and make an appointment to use my spa gift! It's like my birthday! Hooray for the benefits of cleaning today. :-)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Christmas came early in your closet! Bonus!