Last week, my kids were melting down and got in a big argument with eachother. As a consequence, they were sent to their rooms. When they continued to be mad and cry, etc... I went so far as to "ground them." They had to stay in their rooms the entire afternoon and evening.
The poor children didn't even get to come out of their rooms for dinner.
The poor children didn't even get to come out of their rooms for dinner.
Aren't I a mean Mommy?
Of course I fed them. I brought it to them in their rooms. Hmmm, punishment for them, or more work for me?
Of course I fed them. I brought it to them in their rooms. Hmmm, punishment for them, or more work for me?
Regardless, I had to follow through with the punishment. So, they ate in their rooms, did homework in their rooms, laid on their beds, messed around, etc.
As seen in the pictures below, they were really sad about the whole thing . . .
Brooke set up a cute little "tea party" for her dinner and it was so much fun that Cameron wanted to join her. What a punishment, to get to break the regular rules of not eating upstairs and have a party with her stuffed bunny and little brother. :-)
Austin had it pretty rough too. He got to eat as he lay around in bed, in his underwear, reading a book and having time to himself. Isn't it supposed to make you unhappy when you get grounded?? They were so mad to be confined to their rooms and then they realized that is was not so bad.
In the end, I think my mission was accomplished though. There were no more arguments in our house that evening. The down time did them some good . . . I hope.
As seen in the pictures below, they were really sad about the whole thing . . .
Brooke set up a cute little "tea party" for her dinner and it was so much fun that Cameron wanted to join her. What a punishment, to get to break the regular rules of not eating upstairs and have a party with her stuffed bunny and little brother. :-)
Austin had it pretty rough too. He got to eat as he lay around in bed, in his underwear, reading a book and having time to himself. Isn't it supposed to make you unhappy when you get grounded?? They were so mad to be confined to their rooms and then they realized that is was not so bad.
In the end, I think my mission was accomplished though. There were no more arguments in our house that evening. The down time did them some good . . . I hope.


No comments:
Post a Comment