My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My favorites


Just looking through some old pictures tonight, and I came across these fabulous pieces of art work by Austin and Brooke.
The first one was drawn by Brooke. She did it 2 years ago, when she was in pre-school and it is one of my all time favorites. She titled it "Big Grumpy Daddy." :-) I LOVE the way she used to draw the legs coming down from the head and no arms.
Somehow over the past couple years her drawings have gradually evolved and are now totally grown up looking. They're still cute, of course, but this one just takes the cake for me.
This second drawing was done by Austin when he was 6. It is a T-Rex, with a mouth full of jelly. That's specifically what he told us it was. I'm not sure why the T-Rex was eating jelly, but it sure is cute! What else would a brightly colored T-Rex with tiny little arms and pointy legs want to eat? I can't think of anything better than green jelly.

I just love these pictures! They're my favorites!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: