My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Keepin' on

I have this poem hanging in my laundry room. It's always been a favorite of mine. Some days it means more to me than others though. Not sure if it's because I did a lot of laundry today and visited it many times, or if it's because it's just what I needed to hear today. Whatever the reason, I appreciated it today just a little bit more than I have on other days.


"When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,

When the funds are low and the debts are high,

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit,

Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a failure turns about,

When he might have won had he stuck it out;

Don't give up though the pace seems slow--

You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,

It seems to a faint and faltering man,

Often the struggler has given up,

When he might have captured the victor's cup,

And he learned too late when the night slipped down,

How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--

The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,

It may be near when it seems so far,

So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--

It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
- Author unknown

I sure like to be reminded about the silver tint on the clouds,
because sometimes on days like today, it's hard to see it.

1 comment:

Topsy said...

Did you write this Tuesday! Man I was having a downer day yesterday! Would have loved that poem! I'll keep it close for the next one! Chin up girl and call me!!