My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Monday, October 6, 2008

Joy in the Journey

Lots of talks from the General Conference addresses this past weekend were great, but one in particular has really got me thinking a lot. It was the one by President Monson, and it was about finding Joy in the Journey. Every thing he said really hit home with me and I found myself sitting on the couch brought to tears while he spoke.

I sometimes struggle with finding Joy in the Journey, because I get caught up in the day to day challenges of life. There is so much joy to be found every day and I'm setting a goal to make a concerted effort to find joy in the journey each day. I love my family so much and don't want any more time to go by that I let distractions keep me from focusing on how much joy there is to be found in our life together.

Here's some joy from today . . .
Today, I enjoyed a hug from my husband, it was sincere and compassionate and heartfelt, and just because.

I found joy by watching the delight in my kids (Austin and Brooke) faces when we made cookies and set up Halloween decorations tonight. Such simple things that we took the time to do, made them very happy.

I find joy in watching Cameron grow and learn every day. Today, he crawled over and climbed onto my lap and said "mama" so sweetly, that I couldn't believe how fast he has grown up. I really enjoyed it though and will strive to cherish moments like that more often, because precious moments sure pass quickly along this journey of life.

2 comments:

starstruck_texan said...

Good Job Ang, I know you are right...it takes major effort to not get distracted by the daily downs, but overall, life is good, and we need to look for those things. Thanks for being an example.

Kate Chartrand said...

Thanks for that reminder Angela. I loved that talk too. It seemed like a lot of the talks were about gratitude, which I needed to hear. Thanks for your wonderful hospitality and for letting us join you on Austin's special day!