
As strange as it sounds, my fragile little princess actually broke her toe sitting in a chair yesterday!
She twisted it just right and her little toe got bent backwards. I knew she was hurting, it was obvious by her screaming. I honestly thought she'd forget about it though. A bath, an ice pack, propping up on a pillow and some ibuprofen later, she wouldn't even let me touch it and definitely wouldn't walk on it.
Certainly, she just needed to rest. You know how kids can overreact when they're exhausted. I made sure she stayed in bed and got plenty of sleep last night.
I was quite surprised when she still wouldn't walk on it this morning, and cringed when we tried to examine her. She said it still hurt really bad and that she thought it was "fractured." I was skeptical of that, but decided we should have it checked anyway.
Well, it turns out she was right.
A few hours later after visiting our friendly neighborhood clinic and having some x-rays examined, it was confirmed that she indeed fractured her little toe. She called it like it was & I will not doubt her again. :-)
I'm still a little baffled, but thankful that it wasn't anything more.
She sure loved looking at her x-rays!


1 comment:
so crazy! so sorry to hear that, what a bummer! glad she's okay-ish, anyway! :)
Post a Comment