My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My "sweet" son...

I made you some brownies Mom!
My sweet Austin is so thoughtful. He loves to do special little things for us. He can often be found in the kitchen on a weekend morning, whipping up some breakfast for the fam and bringing it to his sleepy parents in bed. He likes to cook! I knew that and have tried to encourage it.
I was still surprised by his sweet gesture last week though. I was in the other room, working on a project with Brooke and could hear Austin doing something in the kitchen. He came over and smiled at me, begging me not to go in the kitchen. I agreed and honestly thought he was doing the dishes for me until I started getting whiffs of yummy smelling brownies in the air.
Austin had baked up some brownies for his chocolate loving Mama and was quite pleased with himself. I was pleased too actually, they were delicious! I was so impressed that he not only knew exactly what my favorite treat would be, but he knew how to make them, bake them and clean up after himself! He insisted that I have the first one and then asked me to please have one more before we rushed off to Cub Scouts.
Those were some good brownies! I ate way more than I should have over the following couple of days, but the pride in my little man's eyes was worth every extra calorie, that's for sure!



I sure love this little guy. He's more and more like a young man every day. Stay little Austin!! I'm not ready for you to grow up. (Although, I do like your baking!)


No comments: