So there I was, standing at the kitchen sink (in grubby sweats, no doubt) washing dishes while Cameron helped, of course. John had left for a trip to Houston, so it was just me and Cam. I wasn't expecting anyone, so the sudden repeated doorbell ringing was certainly a surprise!
I'll admit I was a little creeped out when I went to look out the window and saw no one at the door. (My mind began to wander back to episodes of "Criminal Minds.") However, upon further investigation, I discovered that indeed it was not a stranger lurking at the door, but a lovely delivery that my thoughtful husband (& son) had dropped by on their way out of town.
It was a wonderful surprise. The flowers have blossomed beautifully and have continued to brighten my day for many days. There's nothing quite like being thought of, just because someone thinks you're special. It meant a lot to me and was definitely worth remembering with a picture.
Thanks honey! That was an awesome thing to do. :-)
I'll admit I was a little creeped out when I went to look out the window and saw no one at the door. (My mind began to wander back to episodes of "Criminal Minds.") However, upon further investigation, I discovered that indeed it was not a stranger lurking at the door, but a lovely delivery that my thoughtful husband (& son) had dropped by on their way out of town.
It was a wonderful surprise. The flowers have blossomed beautifully and have continued to brighten my day for many days. There's nothing quite like being thought of, just because someone thinks you're special. It meant a lot to me and was definitely worth remembering with a picture.
Thanks honey! That was an awesome thing to do. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment