My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Saturday, April 11, 2009

What a week.

Man, it's been a long week. Time usually flies for me, but this past week was a long week. Not trying to be a whiner, it was just tiring. We were blessed with lots of love from friends though, and are so grateful for the food, balloons, cards, treats and other surprises that showed up on our doorstep, or in our mailbox. They truly made a rough week, so much better. Our family is so blessed to be loved by such wonderful people.

Brooke is actually recovering now and we have the pain med side effects under control. Whew! There were some worrisome days, so glad they've past. Cameron is almost over his nasty flu bug and will probably sleep through the night tonight. (here's hoping) After sleeping most of the weekend, John has almost kicked his flu and is back to being his helpful self again. It's just in time, since I'm coming down with a cold now and starting to feel rather worn down. Austin somehow stayed healthy amidst our germ haven and returned to school today. We are beginning to settle back into normal life around here.

Just when I was really feeling like life was wearing me down this past week, Easter came around. I love Easter. Easter was the perfect reminder of how blessed we are and what a wonderful life this is that we have been given. I love rejoicing in the Resurrection of our Savior. I love the hope and peace that I am blessed with, because of His atonement and resurrection. I love the celebration of new beginnings that accompanies the atonement. HE LIVES! He is always there for me. He will always help me through the struggles I face. He Loves me, no matter what. Celebrating that Love and hope was just what I needed this weekend and I'm so grateful for it.

We are beginning to settles back into normal life around here, and what a wonderful life it is.

1 comment:

. said...

I'm so glad Brooke is feeling better and things are settling down. Wow, when it rains it pours, right?
I hope your cold is short-lived and you get a little bit of extra sleep this weekend!