My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Saturday, June 28, 2008

just thoughts about SOTW

I thought since I had a few minutes to myself, I'd add a little update. All is well here. Today was an awesome day of just being home with my kids and doing laundry, etc. Surprising that I'd call that an awesome day, but after the busy week that I had, it was great to stay in my pjs and chill out at home.

The week was crazy mainly due to my duties with the Savior of the World production I'm involved in. I am so grateful to be involved in it and I am wholeheartedly a supporter of the production and it's power to testify of Christ. The spirit of it is magnificent and many lives will be touched by involvement with it. I think that is why we (our committee) feel so strongly about making it wonderful. We want to produce a show worthy of it's name, The Savior of the World. After having this assignment for over a year, it is so extraordinary to watch it materialize and take shape. Our show date is quickly approaching and it is really exciting, but a bit overwhelming and frustrating at times. Some days are more challenging than others and this week was a full one! I am feeling a little under the gun to get the costumes done and I feel like I am spinning my wheels sometimes. I know people want to help, but for some reason it never works out for them to be able to. I know it will come together, but the time is now and it's on my shoulders to make it happen. That is the motivation that keeps me up into the wee hours of the morning some days. I am not even sewing, but so much goes into sorting the fabric, deciding who will where what design, cutting the patterns, assigning fabric and "accessorizing" each character, etc. I just want it to be done well and done right, but I also want it to be done, now. Because it needs to be done now! Combine that with props and rehearsals and my head is spinning at times. . . It is going to be all consuming for a little while, thank goodness for my husband supporting me. He put the kids to bed more days than me this past week. What would I do without him? Well, I'll have to beg friends to take care of my kids, that's what. He'll be out of town for a week soon and I feel so humble, having to ask for help for several long days, but I had no choice. I didn't know what else to do. So, I sent out a plea for help and thankfully had many friends offer to take them. For that I am truly grateful. It may be just a few hours to them, but it is a huge weight off my shoulders to have the help.

I'm glad to be a part of this. I feel the spirit so strongly working with these awesome youth and listening to the words in the songs and script. I wish everyone who saw the show could really appreciate all that is said in the lines and lyrics. It's very powerful. The repetition of working on it regularly is such a great thing. It really gets a chance to sink in. And what an awesome group of people to be working so closely with. We compliment each other so nicely and make a great team. I'm gonna miss working with them and seeing them so often when this show is over. These are great friendships that have been made (and strengthened.) Tasha's ability to lead with the Spirit always in mind, yet with enthusiasm and energy is amazing. She was made for this job! I hope she gets to sleep for a week when it's over. Shoot, I hope I get to sleep for a week when it's over!! Anyway, enough rambling. I just figured, since it's pretty much consuming my life right now, it was appropriate to have an entry in my blog about it. I'm sure there will be more to come. . . but for now, there's laundry to do!

here's a link with info about the production . . .

http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,7174-1,00.html

No comments: