My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Monday, June 23, 2008

Is it already the end of June??

As it always does, the summer seems to be flying by. I'm enjoying some down time with my kids, but there never seems to be enough to go around. . . here's what we've been up to.
Austin finished his last swim meet this weekend. We weren't nearly as tired of the practices and meets as were have been in previous years. It was becoming a bit of a challenge for me to be at the meets with our Savior of the World rehearsals, so I guess the timing was pretty good. Austin really enjoys swimming.
He continues to improve his strokes and has mastered the breast stroke now in addition to back stroke and freestyle. He was disappointed that it was coming to an end, and has been asking if he can be on the year round swim team. We're thinking about it. . .

Brooke is itching to be a swimmer too, and working hard to improve her skills. :-) She wants to go swimming every day and is set on being on the swim team next year. John took Austin and Brooke swimming on Saturday while I was at rehearsal and they had a great time. Brooke was so excited to call and tell me that she swam across the competition pool 3 times all by herself. That's the same pool that Austin races in, so she was pretty pumped up about that accomplishment. She's making headway, that's for sure! I can't believe how big my baby girl has gotten. I am having a hard time gearing up to send her off to kindergarten.
I am really going to miss having her with me all the time. She is such a little sweetheart, so snuggly and such a good little buddy. she likes to help pick out my clothes when I'm getting ready to go somewhere and always compliments me, telling me that she likes my hair, or my

clothes or my jewelry, she is so sweet. Not to mention, she is a great help with Cameron. I think he's gonna miss her when she goes off to school too. He loves her and Austin so much. They are always cracking him up. They are so good to him. We're gonna enjoy these summer days together, that's for sure!

Cameron is growing so fast too! Why do all these kids grow up so fast??? As sad as I am that they are growing so fast, it's fun to watch them learn new skills. It seems like over the past couple of weeks, Cameron has matured so much! He gets around all over the place and much to my dismay, has learned to climb the stairs. We have to keep a close eye on him these days, but that's not so bad, he's pretty easy on the eyes. :-) And a little rascal too! This picture is last week when he got into the bag I had packed for the pool and found himself some twizzlers! He had a great time playing with them. It was a bonus that they tasted good too!
I am so blessed to be the Mommy to these precious little ones. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for them, but sometimes there are reminders of how precious and fleeting life can be. Recent tragedies with children in our community have made me especially aware of how precious their little lives are.

No comments: