My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer is here!

I am so excited to welcome summer! There's really nothing I enjoy more than just having time to spend with my family. Wednesday was Austin's last day of school and we've had some fun so far. We've been swimming with friends, played on the neighbors water slide, worked in the yard, and just hung out together. It's nice to do that.

John is gone on a business trip this weekend, so I've been solo Mama. Today was a great day. Austin had a swim meet this morning and he did great. He swam freestyle and backstroke as he usually does, but also swam breast stroke and placed 5th. It was his 1st time to swim breat stroke correctly at a meet, so that was exciting. He also got to participate in the medley relay at the end of the meet. He was the freestyle swimmer and did great with that too. I'm so glad he is able to participate in a sport that he enjoys like this.

After the meet the kids and I went up to the rehearsal for the play I am helping with for the youth of the church. Austin & Brooke were very patient and also helped entertain Cameron. They were rewarded with a prize from Target after we left. Everyone was pleased with their rewards, especially Austin, who told me that this was one of the best days of his life! That's always a great moment as a mom . . . I love making my kids days!

Cameron did something fun today. He said "Ma-ma," It was clear as a bell, several times, which was very exciting to me. It's so fun when they can call us by name. He has been saying "Da-da" and "ball" for quite a while. He comes up with plenty of other chitter chatter too, true baby talk. It's cute, cute cute! Cameron is also getting his first tooth. He is 10 months old and is just starting to grow in his first tooth on the bottom of his mouth. It's been a long time coming, but it hasn't slowed down his eating!

Brookie is great, as usual. She's cute and sweet and happy (most of the time.) She got a new Hannah Montana shirt today and thinks it is the coolest thing ever! She is still really excited about being a big kid and about kindergarten, I sure hope it keeps up. :-)

I'm still enjoying my "boot camp" exercise class that I've been going to Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. I feel so much better about myself now that I've been pushing myself and really exercising so regularly. (now I just need to stop eating yummy foods all the time and I would really see some results!) I do love the motivation and comradery of the group environment in the class. It has also been fun to get out and get going earlier than I would ever have done on my own. I've never been a morning person, but now that I am working out in the morning, I love not having to worry about fitting it in during the day. As an added summer bonus, our class has been pushed back to 6:00 am instead of 5:30! Woo hoo!!

No comments: