So, my latest craze is to to get in shape and slim down. I'm watching what I eat and kicking up the exercise. I know holidays are a hard time to do it, but hey, there's no time like the present! Right?
Anyhoo... since I've got dieting on the brain, I've been doing a lot of reading and looking for tips. I came across this web site that I am now in love with. www.everydayhealth.com Seriously, check it out.
It has so many awesome features that I am finding very useful. It has a food journal that calculates foods nutritional value for you. Just about everything you can think of is already in their database with it's nutritional information entered. everything from fresh fruit to store bought salad dressings or SUBWAY sandwiches is in there. All I have to do is select my food and serving size and it keeps a tally of what I'm eating. I have a running total of calories eaten each day, measured against my goal. It makes it really easy to see where I am in comparison to where I want to be. It also has entries for exercise and it calculates calories burned. It has pie charts and graphs of your food intake, your weight and measurements, etc, etc. It's pretty handy, indeed. And TOTALLY FREE, I haven't found any catch at all.
As a good friend advised me recently, it's better to let everyone know if you're trying to diet, because then you'll have to be accountable to them. So, I'm officially declaring that I'm on a diet. It worked for her, that's for sure! I've been inspired to get in shape and that's my plan. Next time you see me, expect results! :-)
My favorite quote for today . . .
"Those who bring sunshine
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment