This is my new goal for our family. Simplify. We are all tired of being so "busy." Our days got too full there for a while and we couldn't even spend quality time together. We were too busy running off to the next practice or event that we had enrolled ourselves in. Well, we're opting out of the chaos for a while. John and I have decided that there's no need for the packed full, relentless schedule we previously had for our kids. They aren't going to miss the opportunity to be world class athletes if they skip a season of sports. So, we're skipping this season. We're gonna spend more quality time together, get more rest and focus on just being happy with life. It's a refreshing break, actually!
I'm trying to focus on simplicity around our house too. We have accumulated so much stuff over the years that I feel like I have stuff of every kind creeping out of every drawer, counter, closet and corner of our home. I'm working on cleaning things out, in hopes that there will be less to maintain. I'm hoping that it will be easier to keep things organized if there are less things around. Here's to hoping and lots of sorting!
I've decided that life in general could really benefit from a healthy dose of simplification. It's really the simple things that give us the most results in the end, you know, the basics. These basics may be different for different people, but regardless, it's our choices that seem relatively simple that form our habits and make us who we are. If we do the simple things that matter each day, pretty soon we've laid a foundation for health & happiness. That may or may not make sense to anyone else, but it makes sense to me. So, I'm trying to simplify. That's my goal, at least for today. And that's the end of my babbling. . . atleast for today. :-)
My favorite quote for today . . .
"Those who bring sunshine
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
good for you! i'm totally in favor of keeping it simple! enjoy your break...
Post a Comment