My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Sunday, August 3, 2008

SOTW Success!

Wow! The day actually came and now it's over. This Friday and Saturday we had 4 performances of our Savior of the World production and it was a great success. I am very pleased with how it turned out and judging from the 3 hour testimony meeting that we had with the youth this evening, they did too. Yay! Many lives were touched and for that I am grateful.

The cast presented our directors committee with beautiful signed plaques from the show and roses at the final show last night. That was so nice of them and fun for us to get. I came home and hung it right up. I formed some close relationships and had experiences that I will carry with me throughout my life. It was a great thing to be a part of.

Now, I will get back to getting my life back in order. That will be a bit of a challenge for a while, but I'm gonna give it my best effort! :-)

I'll post some pictures from the show soon. Hopefully when I get back from vacation.

Austin and Melanie left today. It was a sad day for me. I get to see so little of Mel to begin with and goodbyes are always tearful with her. It was particularly hard today to send her off with Austin. He was eager and excited, but I was a little hesitant, and of course, emotional. Brooke was sad to see her brother go as well. It will be fun to meet up with them this week when we head off for Grandma Jan's 80th birthday party in Colorado. That should be fun.

Well, that's the update for now. I'm gonna get some sleep!!

No comments: