My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Tuesday, June 10, 2025

Been a While

 Been a while indeed. . . . Like 5 years. Oi. 

Every time I look back at my old blog posts, I talk about how much I wish I had continued. Well, there’s no time like the present. So I’m trying again. 

How to sum up 5 years—- I’ll start with the kids in a nutshell.




Austin and Summer have been dating for 5 years now! Austin lived in Spokane, WA after he returned from his “walkabout” in South America. Summer grew up there and that’s where they met. They moved from Spokane to Oklahoma - then moved to FL to be closer to us last year. They are living in Pensacola  which is almost 2 hours away. It’s so much closer than Oklahoma, or Washington, but still way too far away. We wish they were closer.  We love having them nearby and getting to spend more time with them. They have 3 dog children now. Loki, Rex, and Pablo; Plus 3 cats that I adopted in Oklahoma that they love and care for and kept as pets.  They not only share my love of animals, but also share my love plants and gardening. We enjoy doing that together when they come over sometimes. Austin is the master at giving my plants their vitamins so they can bloom and be beautiful. I’m so thankful for his green thumb and big heart.













Brooke grew up since I last blogged! She graduated from high school and earned her associates degree during the worldwide pandemic. Whew! She left home and had summer jobs in the Grand Tetons and Denali National park. She went to college at USF in St Petersburg, where she Graduated magna cum laude with her Bachelors in Psychology. She’s back in St Pete living now and has been dating Natalie for over a year.  They love animals and pet sit every time they’re able. They also love the outdoors and going on adventures. Brooke minored in creative writing and one of her stories even published while she was at USF. She’s a gifted writer and poet, as well as a songwriter. Brooke worked as a mentor for other college students while on campus and her passion for nurturing was highlighted and put to great use.  The world is her oyster and she has so much good to share. We greatly miss seeing her all the time but cherish her visits. Thank goodness for technology that lets us have regular communication. I switched over to iPhone last year and FaceTime makes keeping connected so much easier! I look forward to our daily texting. She’s a gift in my life.




























Go Bulls.


Cameron survived middle school, hallelujah. He was thrilled to start high school and to go to STEAM - Magnet Innovation center.  He loved it, until he didn’t anymore. He studied there for 2 years, then transferred to Seacoast Collegiate where he just finished his junior year. He’s working as a dual  enrolled student getting his associates degree in the same program that Brooke did. While at STEAM Cam grew in his love for all things science and math. He not only participate, but won first place in the science fair two years in a row and qualified for the state science fair last year as well. That opened doors for him and lead him to apply and get selected for the internship he is currently participating in over the summer at the Air Force Research Lab. Cameron works hard at everything he does. He’s a gifted pianist and is also learning the guitar, in addition to being a skilled photographer, even doing professional photo shoots. He’s a “gym bro” these days and prides himself on taking good care of his health. I can’t believe he’s a senior. He’s preparing to apply to colleges in the fall and I miss him already.





































Hailey’s a full blown teenager! She’s blossomed into such a beautiful young lady and has found her passion in musical theater. She finished elementary school as a homeschooler, and started middle school as a homeschooler, before transitioning to a tiny private school where she skipped seventh grade, went straight into eighth and just finished her freshman year. She took horse back riding lessons, gymnastics, and dance for several years, but her true passion has been found in musical theater. In the last few years, Hailey has made friends and found community at Emerald Coast theater company. She’s had roles in Beauty and the Beast, Music Man, Mean Girls, SpongeBob the Musical, “Puff’s”, SIX, High School Musical, Shrek the musical and Wizard of Oz. This summer she’ll be performing in the musical “Chicago” and started rehearsals this week.  She’s also been an active member and leader in her theater troupe where she’s made a wonderful close knit group of friends.(Although her sister is still her favorite person.) She reads like it’s going out of style and I love that about her. Hailey is smart, talented, funny, and beautiful.  She’s starting her sophomore year of high school at Seacoast Collegiate this fall and I’m so excited for the adventures that await her. 


















Me. Well, I’m still figuring out who I am and how to be a grown up. I’m learning as I go.  I have discovered and embraced my passion for animals and plants the last few years. After tragically losing our beloved little dog, Muffin, my heart broke open and I have filled it up with other animals to love. We have volunteered and fostered pups through Alaqua animal refuge, which was rewarding but difficult when it came time to say goodbye. Luckily, our house is full of animal family members these days as well. We have 2 dogs and 3 cats and I’ll definitely share more about them soon. We love them. I also love my plants and have found myself drawn to planting all sorts of lovely blossoming friends on a regular basis. I love the delight of watching new flowers form and open for the bees and butterflies to enjoy. I have truly tried to “bloom where I’m planted” and plants have made such a difference in my life. Flower picture overload certain to come soon. 















Oh! After 20 years of wanting a backyard pool again- I finally pulled the trigger a couple years ago and now we’re living the dream.  It’s a true oasis. 








I also got a new full time job, working remotely from home, for which I’m very grateful and excited. It’s been almost a year since I started with TWI. 

John’s still working in real estate, but primarily focuses on his most recent business adventure of vacation rental management. He has built it up to about 25 properties now and it keeps him very busy. He loves the beach and is passionate about sharing it with other people. He still loves fishing and is glad that the hot summer days have arrived with warm water and boating adventures to be enjoyed. 








There’s so much more that’s happened… birthdays, holidays, home improvements, vacations, loss, friendship, and life. I plan to try to catch up what I’m able and continue moving forward documenting tidbits of our time. Even if I only touch on a fraction of it, I want to preserve these memories and moments because life seems to me moving along faster and faster these days. Days go by and I want to remember them. 

Until next time. 

Angela
































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love love love this family so much! So fun to read and see all of the beautiful photos. You are family to us.