I guess it's obvious that four kids is about my limit. I haven't even blogged the kids last couple of birthdays not to mention the many milestones and awesome memories along the way. I don't know that I can even attempt to make up time by filling in the past couple years, so I'll just give a little recap and start from now....
Austin's 12! How did my baby boy get so big? He's making the transition into teen and we're learning how to navigate that path. :-) He's smart, funny , talented. Austin started middle school this year where he excels in academics and is enjoying learning some sweet skills in percussion. He helps us out a lot and it's awesome having a babysitter at home! We're proud of the young man he's growing into. (Soon he's gonna out grow me!)
Brookie, my little Brookie. She entered the double digits this year and turned 10! We celebrated with a "Mustache Bash" which made Brooke very happy. She's still a little peanut and as thoughtful and kind as ever. When she's not playing basketball or mastering her back hand spring, she excels at being a big sister. Our "little mama" is like my right hand gal at home and I don't know what I'd do without her. She's helpful, funny, beautiful and smart. If only I didn't have to twist her arm to practice piano... we're working on that. :-) I seriously couldn't ask for a better daughter.
Cam the man... he's five and growing into a big kid so fast! Cam isn't such a little guy anymore, but he hasn't lost his sense of humor and his smile still lights up the room. Cam keeps us laughing and entertained with his awesome singing skills. He can often be found singing or humming a popular tune while he plays, or gets dressed, or uses the bathroom or just hangs out. He's got a song for every occasion and we LOVE it! Cam broke the family record and mastered bike riding this fall. He asked me to take off his training wheels one day, so I did and off he went. He loves riding his bike every chance he gets and is getting really good at it. Cam will start kindergarten in the fall, but for now he enjoys his fun preschool with friends at our close neighbors house. It's always an adventure when he gets to hop on the 4 wheeler with Dad and cruise on through the back yard to school. We certainly scored big getting this little guy sent to our family!
And last, but certainly not least... Hailey is already 2!! I never posted her first or second birthday pictures because she keeps me sooo busy! Either I am more busy and tired than I was with the others (it's true, I am) or this little girl is just a bundle of energy! (also true) Hailey has a personality all her own and she entertains all of us. She thinks she's in charge of all the kids and acts like the ruler of our home. She jumps and runs and climbs a lot and likes to show us her "flips." Hailey loves to play with her babies, dress up and is obsessed with her "binky" and Dora The Explorer. It's going to be a battle to give up her pacifier, but it's not one I've decided to fight yet. :-/ Hailey turned 2 in October and is speaking very well these days. She speaks in sentences and often surprises us with the things she comes up with. Some of our favorite Hailey words are the nicknames she has given the kids... Austin is "Austies", Brookie is "Sissy" or "Cookie" and my favorite, Cam Cam is "Pom Pom." She has started correcting herself and pronouncing everyone's names but we are working hard to convince her to keep the nicknames. None of us want the baby talk to end. She's growing up way too fast and we sure do love her!

No comments:
Post a Comment