My favorite quote for today . . .

"Those who bring sunshine

to the lives of others

cannot keep it

from themselves."

-James Barrie

Sunday, August 22, 2010

bummed

The end of summer is always such a downer for me. I love my kids company and would love to have them around all the time. I miss them when they are at school and really wish I had it in me to home school them this year. I was soooo close to doing it, but decided it just wouldn't be fair to them right now. They are such bright kids and deserve to have the full attention of a teacher. I am the first to admit that I don't have that full attention to give right now.
So, off to school they go tomorrow. I'll secretly wipe the tears from my eyes and smile and cheer them on, because I know that this is the path that's best for us right now.

I sure hope those teachers recognize the precious little packages we're entrusting to them. I hope they see their strengths and give them the love and support they deserve. I hope my kids have a great year at school!

No comments: