
I know it's been a month since we got out of school for the summer, but I haven't had a chance to write a little note about the kids fun last day.
We enjoyed a very cute program and Kindergarten graduation with Brooke's class. She had such a great first year of school. She has grown into such a mature little girl from the fragile pre-schooler I sent into class last fall. I couldn't have asked for a better group of kids for her to form friendships and learn with. Her teacher was wonderful too and we're definitely hoping to go through her class again, because she's moving up to 2nd grade! Hooray for kindergarten and Brookie's successful year!
Austin's class had a sweet ice cream sundae party and awards ceremony. Everyone enjoyed the little movie I made of the kids throughout the year, which was fun for me. I made the movie put to music that the kids had been singing in music class all year and it was so cute to see them all sing a long. We presented our teacher with a great big class rug that we'll use in our class room next year. Lucky for us, we get to loop up with our fabulous teacher into 3rd grade! Almost the entire class is going to stay together, so it'll be a nice smooth transition / reunion in the fall. The class presented me with a cool gift basket full of games and treats to enjoy with the family. It was very thoughtful and we've been enjoying all the prizes that were inside. I'm still trying to recruit a new home room mom though, I'm not so sure I'm up for doing it again next year! :-)
The last day of school was fun, fun fun, as it should have been.
Most of all, it was awesome because it was THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
We're so happy to be enjoying summer together!


No comments:
Post a Comment