You'd think I'd have lots of free
time in the summer to do lots of blogging, but that just hasn't been the case. I have certainly been enjoying my kids though. The first week of summer was full of great times like lake play, cousin visits, swimming, boating, playdates gardening and all around family fun.
The kids were especially excited today when they harvested their first ear of corn from their garden. :-) They have been carefully tending their garden for months. They water it, pick weeds, watch for squirrel thieves, and enjoy the reward for their efforts.
The corn hasn't been ready until today and they were soooooo stoked to be able to pick, shuck and eat the first ear. It was very cute to see how excited they all were after tending it for so long. Somehow, the corn was ever so much more delicious coming from their own garden.
Those farmer genes are in the blood and I'm very glad. :-)


2 comments:
I know, busy busy summers. But I've got this trend that I need to break. Everytime I call I get to catch up with ole Johnny Boy, and not you!!! IT's starting to DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!!! So next time I call, be home, okay? :)
We certainly do need to catch up...try my cell phone next time you're feeling chatty. He doesn't answer that one. :-)
Post a Comment