I figured it was about time I got a blog going. I have certainly enjoyed so many other blogs of family and friends. In this busy, busy world, it's a great way to keep in touch. So, I'm joining the band wagon!
This week marks a milestone as far as I'm concerned. Brooke graduates from pre-school. . . can that really be? It feels so impossible to me, even more so than when Austin started kindergarten. I can't believe how quick they grow up.(in age, not necessarily size in this case. :-) Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and hold onto them a little bit longer. Brooke is so excited though, about her graduation and about kindergarten. Considering how she felt about school a year ago, that is great news!
Austin is finishing 1st grade in a couple of weeks. He is doing fabulous. I am often baffled by the rave reviews I get from his teacher. Is that the same boy that hangs out with us at home??? Seriously though, he is such a good boy that always tries hard to make good choices. He is a bright one too! Austin recently tested into the "Discovery" program in our school district. He passed the 5th grade level reading comprehension test, and was excited to tell me about "how easy it was". He's really humble . . . well, not really, but at least he's confident! He cracks us up. Today was Austin's first swim meet of the 2008 summer season. He was very excited about that and did a great job. He won 1st place in his heat for backstroke and was thrilled to bring home that ribbon. He enjoys swim team quite a bit, it seems to be his sport of choice. Which is great!
We were fortunate enough to have Rob and Shannon at the swim meet today. It was great to spend a little time hanging with them and fabulous to have them there to cheer Austin on, especially since John was out of town. As an added bonus for Brooke, she got to ride around on uncle Rob's shoulders a good portion of the morning, which she loved. (sorry if you have a sore neck Rob!) She adores him! But hey, what's not to love?
With Brooke playing with Rob & Shannon, my hands were free to hold onto Cameron and help Austin, which was very helpful. Cameron is at a fun, fun stage, but also a difficult one. He is crawling, so he loves to be down on the ground exploring. That isn't such a great thing to do outside, in the grass and dirt, since he needs to know what EVERYTHING tastes like! If he can fit it in his mouth, he'll eat it, so we have to watch him carefully. He is so happy and funny though. We all just love him to pieces. He's such a part of this family, whatever did we do without him??
My favorite quote for today . . .
"Those who bring sunshine
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
to the lives of others
cannot keep it
from themselves."
-James Barrie
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your blog! I am so excited that you are finaly a blogger!
Melanie
Post a Comment